History | Leadership Team | News & Events | Student Wellness
Lakeside for Children was established by community leaders in 1907. The original facility was a farmhouse on 46 acres of land and first served nine boys who worked the grounds to learn employable agricultural skills and attended community schools. Over the years, Lakeside grew into a 79-bed facility that served boys, girls and sexual offenders. In July, 2007, Lakeside for Children entered into a management agreement with Sequel Youth and Family Services, who began managing the facility under the name Lakeside Academy.